Hi. This is Cpl. Anonymous from one of the Saskatchewan squadrons, and I figured I'd let you guys know that the Canadian cadet teaching program is undergoing a massive revamp. I just got back from a weekend at Saskadet where we were briefed on the new program, and it looks great.
This coming September, we will be starting to use a new Level One teaching program, and a new one will be released every year for each respective level until 2012.
I'd like to know if anyone has any questions/comments about the new program. I might not be able to answer all of them, but I can probably find the info somewhere.
You can find more information about the program at cadets.ca in the Staff Resources and Tools section, then in the Cadet Training documents.
Let me know what you think.
I'm Becca :] a Corporal from 111 Sunderland Squadron. Our squadron is hoping to set up a new website and we were asked to create something to go in it. I made this:
Air Cadet Rite Of Passage:
You are not a proper air cadet if you cant tick more than 5 boxes:
 You have stood on parade for over an hour
 You have fainted on parade
 You have spent at least 3 hours straight on your shoes
 Then someone stood on them
 You have had a camp fling
 You have had a camp nickname
 You know at least 3 air cadet related songs...
 You sing them loudly at every opportunity
 You have been severely bollocked [by that i mean your ears are ringing afterwards]
 You have spent AGES needing the toilet on an expediton
 You have dropped the rifle
 You have pissed about when you thought the staff werent looking...
 They were looking.
 You have spent ALL DAY on sentry [if you are 16 or over]
 You have injured yourself while pissing about on camp
 Theres at least one really enbarrasing photo of you in your unniform
 You have been asked by the public if you are in the army/ raf/ girl scouts ect...
 A charv has took the piss out of your uniform
 A charv has shouted abuse while you were on parade
 You have been bollocked for something you didnt do
 You have a funny nickname for a member of staff
 You have thrown up in a Grob
 You have completely failed at the athletics
 You have had to clean the toilets after a smelly member of staff
 You have lost your beret...
 Forgot to wear your brassard
 Gotten a ladder in your tights [girls!]
 Despite all this you still love the ATC :]
feel free to add to it! :] x
hello my fellow cadet darlings.
don't any of you like actually post in this?
well, i'll be a blabber and tell you all the stuff thats happening at my sqn.
i'm starting my gold d.o.e all i have to do is wait on my cpl devising a plan for an expedition. have any of you lot done this before? any pointers?
I was ment to be in Crickhowell, right now, as i type, but HQ fucked up and gave my place away, so now I'm going in either Jan or Febuary for my HANG GLIDING course. I'm soooooo excited. Has anybody been before? know anyone that has? whats it like?
Acht I cant be bothered typing anymore,just hoped this has got the ball rolling again.
We have lots of cadet gear, clothes etc. Check out our website, call or e-mail for details.
Gorilla Surplus – All Your Surplus Needs for Almost 40 Years!
Check out Gorilla Surplus for
- Paintball Guns (Spyder, Tippman etc.)
- New and Used Camo Gear
- Paintball Accessories
- Customized Shirts, Jackets, Caps
- Stab Proof Vests (only supplier in B.C.)
- Bullet Proof Vests (class 3A, class 2)
- Largest Selection of Air guns and Accessories
- Crossbows and Accessories
- German, Canadian, US, British and other military surplus
- Cold weather gear
- Boots (Work, Combat, Jungle, Desert, Parade, Gortex and more!)
- Tactical Gear
- Pepper and Bear Spray
- Self Defense Gear
- Military and Civilian Raingear
- Camping Gear, Tent, Sleeping Bags
- Urban Fashions
- Much, Much More!
Check us out at…
1458 E. Broadway, Vancouver, British Columbia
9:30am-6:30pm Monday-Saturday OR
Order Online at www.gorillasurplus.com
We accept MasterCard, Money Order, Pay Pal or Visa
Call 604-879-8891 or toll free 1-866-879-8891
I realise this community if focused heavily on the ATC as opposed to the RAF (or anything of the like). However I have a question or two incase anyone here is in the RAF.. I have my testing coming up soon and want to ask people who have been in my position before.
1. How did you fair on your AST test? Did you have enough time to complete all questions?
2. What tests did the health assessment contain?
3. Do you have to be superfit to pass the physical test following that?
4. I assume you do all three tests in the one day.. So after you've done the AST, and passed, you move straight onto the health examination and, if you pass that, you go straight onto the fitness test and then interview. And then have the presentation in the afternoon?
5. Do they really grill you in the interview? I've never had a formal one before, despite having worked in many jobs.. My skills got me the job so I didn't need an interview ^^;
6. Did you ever fail the above? Why did you fail? Have you repeated the testing again since failing?
Thanks to all who can answer any of the above for me =]
thats international shooting cadet rifle meeting
i was at bisley and i went
i met sooo many canadians and australians....they (or u) were so coool
and i got the cadet 100
ha and the air cadets ruled once again over the army and sea cadets
mwa ha ha
anyone else go???